Prevention is always better than cure. Data recovery San Antonio Texas not only helps you recover your files, we also advice our customers prevent it. We highly recommend to our customers to backup their files to prevent data loss. We highly encourage our customers to backup their files in 3 different places to prevent data loss from happening in the future – their hard drive, an external hard drive, and in the cloud. For cloud backup solutions, we recommend these online services, IDrive and Backblaze, 2 companies we are affiliated with.
Below is a short, comparative brief of what these companies have to offer. But, before we compare companies, we’d like to share with you the features we think are most important in choosing a backup service:
- Versioning – Saves you from corrupt files. What if a file you are working with becomes corrupt? With versioning, you can go back to the cloud and open an earlier saved version of that file that is not corrupt. Versioning saves the current version of your file, along with previously saved versions for a certain amount of time.
- Software User Interface – The software should be easy to use and navigate through.
- Scheduling – A good backup system allows you to schedule backups continuously, every hour, every day, etc.
- Backup to External drive – The ideal situation is to have your information backed up on your computer, an external drive, and in the cloud.
- Full System – Backs up your full operating system, not just your files. Should make an exact image of your hard drive, so if your computer crashes, you can get a new hard drive and restore the full system. (Note: Neither IDrive nor Backblaze offer the full operating system backup option).
IDrive costs about the same as Backblaze, but as you will see, their features are somewhat different.
Both IDrive and Backblaze are excellent services that safeguard your important and precious files and data. One or the other service may be a better fit for you based on your needs. Here are the key points of each:
- Multiple Device Backup
You can back up unlimited PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets in a single account. You can even back up mapped drives using IDrive.
- Social Media Integration
You can back up your photos on popular social media websites such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Syncing Between Devices
You can choose files that can be synced between multiple devices, so you’ll always have your important data wherever you go.