- Hitachi/HGST were the best staying under 5% failure rate for 2TB drives in 2014 and so far in 2015.
- Seagate 1.5TB drives stayed between 10% – 15% failure rate
- Hitachi/HGST wins again staying under 5%
- Western Digital (which owns Hitachi and has relabeled it HGST) had failure rates between 5% – 10%
- Seagate failure rates for 3TB drives were down from last year, but still above 20%
- Hitachi/HGST stayed under 2.5% for both 2014 and so far in 2015
- Seagate stayed under 5%, but did have a slight increase from 2014